When I switched my gmail to G-suite email stopped working in Stone Edge. I’m getting a 534 error in Stone Edge? What is different about G-suite and how do I setup Stone Edge with G-Suite Email?
So setting up a Gsuite email address with Stone Edge requires some additional steps that are different from the standard Gmail setup.
- First make sure you have switched on both of the parameters TLS parameters in Stone Edge Parameters
- Go to Parameters and search TLS, switch both TLS and TLS2 to on and SAVE
- Using TLS requires you to use Port 587 (instead of 465 which is for SSL)
- Switch Port to use 587
- Leave SSL checked in the settings
- Here is an article for referenceÂ https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en
- Then you’ll need to go into your Gsuite Account and turn ON Access for less secure apps
- Gsuite is very security conscious and has some new firewalls, we need to turn this feature ON which will basically disable the firewall.
- Double check your SMTP settings, username and password
- Use the TEST button in the Email Setup Wizard to test
The biggest hurdle on this is getting into Gsuite and turning ON Access for less secure apps, that was the big hangup I had. Depending on if you are using 5.938 or a 7.x version of Stone Edge you may encounter different TLS or TLS2 settings in Parameters.
TIP: I worked on an older 5.938 installation that actually required me to exit SEOM before if would update the email settings and apply them, etc. I spent quite a while trying setting combinations and then closed out and restarted and…boom it finally applied the settings. Again that was only in 5.938.
Use the TEST EMAIL button in the Stone Edge Setup Wizard to assist when testing setting if you are having trouble. You can also configure a different send email for each workstation, each cart, etc.Â That’s a great tool when you want to get confirmations or replies sent back to a specific department or workstation using SEOM.
That’s also a terrific feature to have your purchasing workstation send from email@example.com instead of from your main generic info@ or sales@ so that any replies from those emails or confirmation are routed properly within your organization.
Here is a link to the Stone Edge Documentation on Email Setup for reference.